TikTok wrap hack?
After a little bit of sleuthing, I found out on BuzzFeed that the first person to do the wrap hack was @ellcarter1 on TikTok. The wrap hack is now mega trending and there have been hundreds of wrap hacks popping up!
Anyway, if you haven’t seen it, the wrap hack is basically the smartest way to make a wrap. You make a cut from the middle of the tortilla down to one edge, fill the different quadrants with fillings, then fold it all up into a neat triangle that can be eaten as is or grilled. I don’t know about you, but sometimes, when I make wraps they burst or split. Because this wrap isn’t rolled, there isn’t any chance of that. All your fillings stay inside the wrap and it’s super easy and neat to eat.
Obviously we thought, why cant we add crickets to this? So we did and boy what a fantastic substitute. That crunch and burst o flavour from our Peri Peri Crickets was great, but we reckon any of those values would also be a good ol' match in heaven.
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations with us! Tag us in your photos with #eatcrawlers
- 7 grams of Peri Peri Crickets per wrap (About half the standard box)
For the wraps
- 6 large corn or flour tortillas ~10", flour preferred
- 1.5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered, or diced regular tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mexican cheese blend shredded
- 18 tortilla chips or as desired
How to cricket wrap hack
- Lay your tortilla out on a cutting board. Take a knife and make a cut from the middle of the tortilla down to the edge.
- Imagine the tortilla being divided up into four quadrants or quarters. Place a different ingredient into each quadrant. Be sure to have fun with this.
- Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then folding it over to the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right.
- Enjoy as is or grill in a panini press or pan.